The season to eat, drink, and celebrate with friends is here. If you are the ideal host and are looking for interesting recipes to pamper your guests with, nothing like the variety of Indian cuisine. India is known for its rich culture, beautiful tourist destinations, iconic movies, lavish festivals, and, of course, as a huge encyclopaedia of food. Every day is like a festival in India and is celebrated with an assortment of mouthwatering, rich, irresistible sweets, and snacks. Travel Food Services (TFS) promises that passengers will be spoilt for choice. Apart from hygiene and food quality, TFS focusses on the ambience and taste as well. They believe that maintaining consistent quality is important to retain customers. TFS manages and operates 13 Airport lounges at Mumbai, Kolkata, Nagpur, and Chennai. TFS manages the Mumbai International lounge in partnership with Performa, a Gate-group company highly regarded worldwide for designing, managing and servicing airport lounges. The GVK Lounge by TFS Performa won World’s Best Lounge, Asia’s Best Lounge awards at the World Travel Awards, 2015, 2016, and 2017.
You can savour delightful dishes such as Jhinga Achaar Salad, Chapli Kabab, Sev Puri, Badal Jaam, Spinach and Mushroom Tarts and several more.
Chef Rajesh Shetty, of TFS, shares a few of these recipes with The Humming Notes.
- Achaari Jhinga Salad
- 500 gm Prawns
- 30 gm Tomato Puree
- 100 gm Onions
- 100 gm red and yellow peppers
- 20 Gm Tomato Puree
- 10 gm chopped garlic
- 50 gm Achaar Masala
- 50 ml Mustard Oil
- 60 Ml Lemon Juice
- 2 Tomatoes
- 2 Green Chillies
- 1 Lemon
- 10 g coriander
- Clean Prawns, Devein and wash. Cut peppers and onions into dices
- Prepare the dressing by mixing all ingredients
- Cut the tomatoes into wedges for garnish, deseed chillies and slit
- Sauté Garlic add Tomato paste and Prawns. , Cook the prawns for 4 to 5 Minutes.
- Take them off the flame and let cool.
- Sauté the onions, green and yellow peppers
- Adjust seasoning
- Add the dressing, prawns and vegetables and mix gently
- Transfer to plate and garnish with tomato wedges, green chillies and chopped coriander.
- Badal Jaam
- Egg Plant 500 gm
- Groundnut oil
- 5 kg tomatoes
- 120 gm onions
- 60 gm Garlic
- 10 gm ginger
- 80 ml Groundnut oil
- 5 gm red chilli powder
- 5 gm cumin powder
- 5 gm Chaat Masala
- 100 gm Hung Yogurt
- 20 gm coriander
- 5 gm honey
- 3 gm salt
- 100 gm Makhni Gravy
- Cut Eggplant into roundels, Season with salt, fry them in a hot pan, cook them on both sides.
- Arrange on tray and sprinkle chaat masala.
- Blanch tomatoes and chop.
- Heat groundnut in oil, sauté chopped onions, add ginger, garlic and blanched tomatoes.
- Slow-cook the mix, add cumin powder and red chilli powder.
- Adjust seasoning.
- Mix the Hung yoghurt with chopped coriander, honey and salt.
- Assemble the dish by spreading the makhani gravy on the base, put the tomato mix on the pan-fried eggplant. Top with flavoured hung yoghurt. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Mogewala Kukarh
- 1 kg Chicken leg boneless
- 150 gm Hung yoghurt
- 200 gms onions
- 200 Gms green pepper
- 400 gm tomatoes
- 85 gm ghee
- 50 gm ginger and garlic paste
- 10 gm Kashmiri chilli powder
- 5 gm shahi jeera
- 5 gm garam masala
- 10 gm salt
- Cut Chicken leg into tikka size cubes, cut half the onion and tomatoes into 1-inch cubes.
- Marinate the chicken with yoghurt half the ginger and garlic paste, chilli powder and salt.
- Skewer the chicken and veg and cook in tandoor.
- Heat Ghee, sauté onions till brown, add ginger and garlic paste. Add tomatoes, red chilli powder, and shahi jeera and garam masala. Cook till the fat leaves the masala. Check seasoning.
- Arrange the chicken skewers with vegetables on a plate and pour the masala on top.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
(Chef Rajesh Shetty is an executive chef at TFS – Performa, T-2 International Airport, Mumbai. He manages specialised lounges at International Airports around the World. GVK lounge is a common user lounge catering to all First Class and Business Class passengers of all Airlines. A Dynamic professional with hands-on experience of around 20 years in the hospitality industry with a process driven approach in Food and Beverage Operations, Guest Service and Team Management.)