Spring is in the air and Bronies, the gastropub in Defence Colony, is all set to celebrate the Queen of the seasons with a star-studded Tribute to Womanhood Spring Fair on March 13, 2016.
The idea is also to celebrate womanhood, and the spirit of women enterprise – because on sale will be a wide variety of lifestyle goods, fashion and accessories all helmed by women. In association with designer Poonam Bajaj and stylist Deepali Mathur, more than 15 exciting brands (all women-led) will showcase the best of their stuff from clothes and accessories to home furnishing and decor, garden accessories and much more.
Some brands that will be displaying their products for sale at really tempting prices are Citrine, Silhouettes by Sohina, Rang-Tulika (watercolour paintings), Numerologist Sakshi Duggal, Posteralia (film posters) and lots more….. All this while you indulge in sangria on the house and a very special menu curated by Bronies for the afternoon, at rock bottom prices! There will be lots of baked goods, sizzling starters and cocktails and chilli pickle – all there to make it an indulgent Sunday with mesmerizing live music while you get charming makeovers and your fortunes told!
And we encourage men to come on out and show their love and support for the women in their lives. While the ladies indulge in retail therapy, the men can pick from limited sangria on the house, beer at 100 bucks (!!!) and alcoholic chuski and shikanji.
The event kick starts at 1 pm in the afternoon and the festivities will go on till 9 pm.
Brands on Board
– Designer Poonam Bajaj with her Spring-summer special Ikat collection (Poonam is a graduate of London School of Fashion and her brand is called Citrine).
– Silhouettes by Sohina with some beautiful summer designs in home linen (Sohina specialises in lace and hand embroidered works).
– Numerologist Sakshi Duggal who will be hosting free consultations and showcasing her fashion jewellery brand Jeweluxe.
– Rachna Bal’s Flea Shop – Everything from handpicked textiles, homeware, accessories, objets d’art, bric-à-brac and crafts.
– We’ve also got surprise makeovers all day, with stylist Deepali Mathur overseeing some beautiful nail art and make-up to make sure you’re your prettiest best on Sunda.
– There’s a chuski bazaar with alcoholic and traditional chuskis, to beat the heat.
Text by Aarti Kapur Singh