Although the market is flooded with expensive options of hair conditioners and masks, we know they are loaded with chemicals. When you can achieve the same effect by using natural ingredients available in your home, then why buy those expensive products.
Here are few good masks which you can try at home and gets fantastic and better results than those expensive ones.
• Henna is an herbal treatment with good conditioning abilities.
• Egg white is a good conditioner for hair.
• Deep condition with curd, beer and egg.
• Mix a little vinegar in warm water and rinse your hair with this solution. This will add bounce to dull and lifeless hair.
Courtesy, its high protein content, egg masks work best for damaged and dry hair. Egg yolk protects the hair from the negative effects of chlorine; pollution and UV rays. Eggs are good for every type of hair. Be it oily, normal or dry.
• Mix one whole egg with one tablespoon of curd or baby oil and work through your hair.
• Leave it on for 20 minutes.
• Rinse thoroughly and use a mild shampoo afterwards to get rid of the eggy smell.
Go bananas to get that ultra-soft and mushy hair.
• Mix a mashed banana with half-teaspoon of almond oil and some milk.
• Apply on your hair and wash thoroughly after 20 minutes
• Olive oil: The age-old hot oil massage cannot be substituted by anything. Olive oil is considered the best for doing so. Massage the scalp and slather the locks with lukewarm oil. Leave it overnight and let the oil seep into the roots for a deep conditioning effect.
by Dr. Karuna Malhotra
Cosmetologist & Homeopath Physician at Cosmetic Skin and Homeo Clinic, New Delhi